We are a team united in our commitment and driven by an altruistic approach to improve life through outstanding healthcare.
Welcome to MGM Healthcare
A state-of-the-art, super-specialty hospital in the heart of Chennai city in India, MGM Healthcare redefines the patient experience across all parameters — through expertise, technology and a green building facility. This quaternary care hospital has 400 beds, 100 ICU beds, 250+ doctors, 12 Centres of Excellence, 30+ departments, 12 operation theatres and 24×7 emergency care.
Patients are at the core of everything MGM Healthcare aspires to do and we intend to revolutionise patient experience by taking medical services back to principles of kindness and goodwill, paired with excellence and intelligence. The combined expertise of an experienced team of surgeons, physicians, technicians, nurses, paramedical, administrative and maintenance staff ensures highly personalised care of the finest quality.
The hospital operates on a comprehensive, fully-integrated system with components such as HIS-integrated Electronic Medical Record, Doctor and Patient Portal apps, Porter Management solution, In-room Automation, Voice-enabled Nurse Call System, Self-service Kiosks and Building Management System. Every aspect of our campus reflects an ethos of healing, from the city’s tallest vertical garden to the use of music therapy in critical care areas to thematic art galleries on each floor celebrating various facets of Tamil Nadu.
The ground-plus-11-floor facility is also optimally designed to provide a comforting ambience, which holistically incorporates energy-efficient practices to further widen the scope of the health-caring concept to include environmental sustainability. We are South Asia’s highest-ranking USGBC LEED Platinum-certified Green Hospital Building, as we consume one-third the energy and water when compared to other buildings of this scale.
Institute of Liver Diseases, Transplant & HPB Surgery
360 Degree Liver Care Under One Roof
Advanced Medical and Surgical Liver Care, coupled with a highly successful Liver Transplant program, ensuring the best outcomes for our patients
- A cumulative experience of 3,500 liver transplants.
- Expertise in all types of liver transplants, including Living Donor Liver Transplants, ABO incompatible Transplants, Swap Liver Transplants
- Dedicated Centre for Pediatric Liver Transplants and Hepato-biliary Diseases
- A cumulative experience of 5000+ advanced open liver, Pancreaticobiliary surgeries
- A-state-of-the-art Centre for Laparoscopic Liver and Biliary Surgeries
- 25 Bedded dedicated Critical Care Liver ICU
- Multi-Disciplinary care comprising Gastroenterologist, Hepatologist, Paediatric Hepatologist, Liver Critical Care Specialists
- Comprehensive Centre for all therapies of Liver biliary and pancreatic Cancer
- World’s first Emergency living donor liver transplant in a Covid positive patient with acute liver failure
- India’s first Hypothermic machine perfusion in a cadaveric liver transplant
- A remarkable medical feat was accomplished in a 61-year-old patient who underwent a living donor liver transplantation and heart bypass surgery in a single procedure. This combined procedure demonstrates the incredible achievements in modern medicine and highlights the expertise of MGM Healthcare – Institute of Liver Diseases, Transplant and HPB Surgery
- A Jordanian patient aged 35 who suffered from Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria underwent a successful living donor transplant and this brings hope to many people who was suffering from genetic conditions
At MGM Healthcare, we are committed to improving life through outstanding healthcare.
Patients at the core
Born out of a need for altruism, MGM Healthcare is dedicated to bettering patient experiences and improving outcomes through expertise, passion and technology.
Our organisational values are driven by personal and professional integrity. This will be our guiding light for our commitment to transparency, accountability and patient centricity.
Collaborative centre of care
We will be a truly collaborative centre for personalised medical care. Renowned medical experts assisted by smart technologies will work in tandem to progressively improve healthcare outcomes.
INSTITUTE OF LIVER DISEASES, TRANSPLANT & HPB SURGERY
Diagnosed with liver, GI or HPB disease?
Need medical or surgical intervention?
If you are worried, anxious or have questions, we are here for you.
Setting world standards of medical and surgical treatment and care of liver, GI and HPB diseases
Get in Touch
Talk to our expert team of gastroenterologists, hepatologists and liver transplant surgeons to understand your condition and seek the right treatment at the right time. Sometimes, it’s more than just the treatment — it’s also about the right conversations, advice and perspectives.